Wednesday, October 15, 2008

You're Being Very Unnnduuude...




From Wired.com

Ringo Starr Is Officially Over Fan Mail and Autograph Requests
By Eliot Van Buskirk October 14, 2008 | 9:44:32

Underrated Beatles drummer Ringo Starr has finally had it with reams of fan mail and heaps of objects that are apparently still being sent to him to be signed, 45 years after the first signs of Beatlemania appeared in the population.

From the tone of the video uploaded to his site, it's a wonder he's been such a sport about it up until now, especially since some of that stuff is no doubt being sold on eBay by professional autograph seekers.

"This is a serious message to everybody watching my update right now," intones Starr in the short video. "Peace and love, peace and love. I want to tell you, please, after the 20th of October, do not send fan mail to any address that you have.

"Nothing will be signed... I'm warning you with peace and love, but I have too much to do, so no more fan mail, thank you, thank you, and no objects to be signed, nothing. Anyway, peace and love, peace and love."

You can officially forget about sending memorabilia for Ringo to sign, but that's not because he's severing ties with the outside world -- most likely, his signing hand is just finally cramping up. Starr is currently accepting entries for a photo contest, with the subject being his latest tour.

The winner will receive an autographed Ringo Starr drum head.



________________________________________________________

Man's Couch is a community. If you are interested in becoming a member or a guest contributor feel free to contact us directly!!

2 comments:

Dean-O said...

Dear Marge:

Thanks for the fab painting of yours truly. I hung it on me wall. You're a real artist!

To answer your question: yes, we have hamburgers and French Fries in England, but we call French Fries "chips."

Love, Ringo

P.S. Please forgive the lateness of my reply.

Bart Fargo said...

My bubble was very burst by this, because he could have just had it all thrown out and not said anything about it, thereby not looking like a total ass to his fans. Let's face it, as much of an honor as it was for me to meet him, and as much of a legend in drumming as he is, and as much as my drumming is patterned after foundation he set, the people aren't flocking to his concerts to hear selections from his latest luke-warm album; they are there because he is a BEATLE. Hanging with him was a huge honor and it will always be something I will look to, but evidently he is sick of everyone wanting something from him. Then again, if one of my best friends was shot by a fan, and another of my best friends was stabbed by one, and still ANOTHER one was screwed by a one-legged bandit, I would probably distance myself from all of it too. If you would like to see the AMAZING photos I took from the front row which cannot be entered into the contest, lemme know!