Thursday, October 9, 2008

Stuff Man's Couch Liked: #2 MST



So...MST. I have now joined the vast throngs of people who love NetFlix and have discovered a plethora of MST's out there that I have never seen. I am expecting "Prince of Space" in my mailbox soon and thought I should write a brief post of thanks for all that is MST. Dean-o even sent me a message about "Angel's Revenge" which I still have on VHS and have not watched in ages. "For Lancome and Isabella Rosellini!!"

Not sure we watched a ton of MST on the Couch but for some reason I have a recollection that once I knew Dennis loved MST we would be fast friends and I think I actually met Kev at an MST viewing party at my house?

I would love it if all of you would post a few of your favorites so I can add them to my queue. I'm trying to introduce some of my friends here to their glory!



Man's Couch is a community. If you are interested in becoming a member or a guest contributor feel free to contact us directly!!

2 comments:

Dean-O said...

Here's the dealio with our MSTing. If I recall correctly, it started when we all got put into that FHE group, and we spent that first night ripping "Mission Impossible" to shreds. Poor Theresa (soon to be Jeff's wife) was visibly shaken and scarred for life. :D

It was after that incident that we decided to have actual MST parties.

And, let's not forget that one of the first things we did when Natalie came along was to indoctrinate her on such classics as "Why study industrial arts?" and "I accuse my family."

Bart Fargo said...

Actually, one of the things that started Dennis and I hanging in the first place was watching "Girlstown" at Bishop Murri's house, then we had a "Danger, Deathray" party at Kris' (remember "That's what I usually do!") My Top 10 favorites are as follows:

Danger, Deathray
Girlstown
Night of the Bloodbeast
The Starfighters
The Skydivers
Werewolf
The Sword and the Dragon
Colossus and the Headhunters
Zombie Nightmare
Outlaw

Gamera vs. Gueron was the first I ever saw and it still makes me laugh hysterically.

Next time we should sound off about our favorite shorts.