Monday, October 6, 2008

Stuff Man's Couch Liked: #1 Chuck Heston



Hello boys! Did you miss me? Here it is...my first post to a blog ANYWHERE and I think it highly fitting that it is for Man's Couch Revisisted. For my inaugural post, I thought I would imitate the format of two of my favorite blogs: Stuff White People Like and Stuff Mormons Like. I thought it would inspire some of us down memory lane and we could also include new items that we have grown to love as our lives have moved forward (ie The Office.)

So...I had to start with Chuck Heston. I know that Dennis and I had a moment of silence when he died, and I hugged my Planet of the Apes doll tightly as I thought of all of his amazing movies that we enjoyed on the Couch...I mean, who could forget the Furniture Girls?? Soylent Green is PEOPLE! The horrible cheesey goodness of "Earthquake" and his chest in the Planet of the Apes(oh...maybe that was just me)

So now that the Couch is back together may I humbly offer a word of thanks to Chuck Heston...long may he reign in the heart of gun-toting Americans everywhere and may he haunt Michael Moore forever!

10 comments:

Dean-O said...

Wow, so this is, like, your first time? I hope it's good for you.

One of my personal favorite Chuck moments was the final scene of The Omega Man: all splayed out, arms akimbo, blood draining from his side...

Subtlety, thy name is Chuck.

Lovey said...

I actually wanted to find a clip from one of my favorite Heston films called "The Naked Jungle."

Didn't quite recognize what typing that into YouTube would produce...

Dean-O said...

Yeah, that could be dangerous.

Speaking of faboo 70's schlock films, I was rewatching Angel's Revenge the other day.

"That's not Flip Wilson, honey!"
"Yes it is, it's that Geraldine character!"

and

"Aw, you're giving away the plot!"

Good times.

Anonymous said...

(sniffs & wipes away small tear) That... was beautiful.

Bart Fargo said...

DAMN! I can't reach my gun! I've got to somehow find a way to unholster this weapon and unleash the swarthy scent of justice! QUICKLY, jump up and down and dance like a monkey!....DAMNIT, I like .....
Oh, forget it! It's just not as funny as it used to be!

Bart Fargo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bart Fargo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bart Fargo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bart Fargo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Skooch said...

"Damn! They can't hear me Quickly! pull down my pants and use my ass as a megaphone!"

"But Sir, I really don't think..."

"Dammit!! I like the Bangles! Don't make me walk like an egyptian all over your ass!"

"Yes, sir... Attention people of earth..."