Monday, February 9, 2009

Hey! Nice Chicken!



So I'm at the local neighborhood KFC one day last week for lunch. I've given my order and the nice young man behind the counter, as is customary, has asked for my name so they can call me when my lunch is ready. I haven't done this in a long time but for some reason, a name pops into my mind that is not my name. Nor is it the name of a family member. But out it comes...

"Chuck."



The boy looked at me for a second. Almost like he didn't believe me.



"Chuck?"



"Yeah, Chuck."



Then he says, and i don't think he meant to, but he says...



"Alright, that'll be right up, Chuck."





You can't plan this kind of comedy. Well, you can, but then you'd be working for a first class comedy organization, like Saturday Night Live, or MSNBC.






K, bye.






2 comments:

Dean-O said...

There are moments of pure comedic nirvana, when the stars align and the planets come into view. And this was about six of them.

Well done, Chuck.

Lovey said...

Heston would be proud!