Thursday, December 4, 2008

Skooch Holiday Music

Christmas is one of my favorite times of the year but mostly for the lights and the eggnog. Lots of eggnog... anyway, here is my contribution to the Man's Couch Holiday experience (in no particular order):



Jingle Bells as sung by Lena Horn.

Find it on the Ultra Lounge Christmas Cocktails 2 collection. Few women in the world can sing it like this and get away with it. (Dudes are out-right!) Honorable mention in the Jingle Bells division: Lisa Loeb (she's dreamy!)




Santa's Beard by They Might Be Giants.

Not a traditional holiday song, and not really even about Santa. God bless They Might Be Giants!




Oi! To The World by No Doubt.

"If God came down on Christmas day/I now exactly what he'd say/Oi! to the Punks/Oi! to the Skins/But Oi! to the world and everybody wins!"





The Restroom Door Said Gentlemen by Bob Rivers

The 12 Pains of Christmas is fun, but sort of obvious. This one sneaks up on you when you think you're safe.





Winter Wonderland by Johnny Mathis.

Can't help it, it's just not Christmas until I've heard this song come out of the stereo at home. Johnny Mathis is the King of smooth Christmas!







EDIT:



Bittersweet Eve by Belsana

This is the perfect song to bring back (or keep burning) that New Year's Eve angst we all know and love. It's actually a really good tune and I think the lyrics are clever. So There.





My usual Christmas listening involves a mix tape I made called ChrisMix. These songs are all on it and namy, many more. If we are able to hold the Man's Couch Christmas it will be heard.




Enjoy! Oh, and pass the eggnog!

1 comment:

Dean-O said...

1. I love that Christmas Cocktails mix.

2. I was rocking out to "Oi to the World" just yesterday. True story.

3. My personal favorite version of Jingle Bells is either by the barking dogs, or Brian Setzer.

4. I've been playing my guitar the past couple of days to brush the rust off, and man... my fingertips are killing me.